Good nutrition is one of the keys to a healthy life. You can improve your health by keeping a balanced diet. You should eat foods that contain vitamins and minerals. This includes fruits, vegetables, whole grains, dairy, and a source of protein. It is easy to get confused when it comes to health and nutrition. Even qualified experts often seem to hold opposing opinions. Yet, despite all the disagreements, a number of wellness tips are well supported by research.
Here are the 9 Nutrition tips for a healthy day.
DRINK WARM LEMON WATER
- Drinking a glass of warm lemon water in the morning will start your day off right! You’ll get a boost of vitamin C, clean out toxins form your body and keep your digestion system on track.
EAT BREAKFAST WITHIN 1 HOUR OF WAKING UP
- When you eat right after waking up, you’re giving your body a chance to maximize your metabolism, regulate insulin levels and keep your appetite under control. By skipping breakfast, your body actually goes into conversation mode to preserve calories meaning yo won’t burn calories and you’ll hang onto body fat.
ADD PROTEIN TO YOUR BREAKFAST
- A protein-packed breakfast will reduce hunger later in the day. This doesn’t mean load up on three kinds of breakfast meats, rather, add a hard-boiled eggs or some Greek yoghurt to your first meal of the day. Try a cup of plain Greek yoghurt with some sliced of almonds, mixed berries, honey and chia seeds mixed together.
EAT YOUR CHOCOLATE!
- Yes, you read that right. Having a small amount of dark chocolate – 70.85% cocoa – is rich in Fiber, Iron and Magnesium. Among other minerals. Plus, it’s a great source of antioxidants which reduces bad free radicals in your body.
STOP EATING 2 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME
- Eating fuels our body to be used as energy, which we don’t need right before going to sleep. While you’re sleeping, your body uses a natural sleeping metabolism to help you burn fat. Plus, not eating 2 hours before sleeping will help you cut out unnecessary calories.
PRE-PACK YOUR MEALS AND SNACKS
- Its easy to get caught up with work and meetings during the day. Leaving a quick fast-food lunch your only option. Spare yourself the empty calories and money by packing your lunch. Whether your meal prep at the beginning of the week or have leftovers from last night’s healthy dinner, you’re guaranteed a healthy option for lunch. Save even more money when you pack your own snacks to avoid any unnecessary trips to the vending machine.
DRINK PLENTY OF WATER
- Yes, you’ve heard that several times but are you taking the advice? Not only will water keep you hydrated but it will help you boost your metabolism. Drinking plenty of water improves your liver and kidney function, too!
PACK HEALTHY SNACKS
- Hunger happens! Sometimes, no matter how well you’re prepared, you need a snack to continue to fuel your day.
USE A VEGETABLE SUBSTITUTE
- Love spaghetti? Try spaghetti squash. Sure it’s not pasta but just try it, you may like it! Love mashed potatoes? Try masked cauliflower. Mis in some Greek yoghurt to give it a thick, creamy texture like regular mashed potatoes. While vegetables most likely won’t be the carbs you know and love, they’re a good way to make your favorite meals healthier!
A few simple steps can go a long way toward improving your diet and wellness. Still, if you’re trying to live a healthier life, don’t just focus on the foods you eat. Exercise, sleep, and social relationships are also important. With the tips above, it’s easy to get your body feeling great every day.