What ingredients do I need to make homemade granola?
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- coconut oil
- sweetener, such as honey or agave nectar, or if you like your granola extra sweet, use brown sugar or low-carb brown sugar substitute
- cinnamon (optional)
- add-ons like dried fruit or nuts
- In a small saucepan, heat together the coconut oil and liquid sweetener over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Stir to combine. Add in the cinnamon and salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet by spraying it with cooking spray or covering with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place rolled oats in a bowl. Pour the mixture on top and stir to coat.
- Spread mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring at least once.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool to room temperature. Add roasted or raw nuts of your choice and dried fruit (optional).
What to serve Granola With?
There are numerous ways to serve granola. Some people even like to snack on it.
Our favourite way is to add the granola to greek yogurt and blue berries!
Our favourite way is to add the granola to Greek yogurt and blue berries!